Holiday houses, villas, apartment, hotels and more

We need your travel dates to give you the best available offers

49th international Boat Show 2009 in Genoa

Boat Show in Genoa
Boat Show in Genoa

From 3 to 11 October the Italian port city of Genoa will host the 49th international exhibition of yachts, which is a very important event in the yachting industry.

The first Genoa boat show Salone Nautico Internazionale was organized in 1962, and the area of the pavilion was of 30 thousand square meters. The exhibition has now reached a quite different scale and exhibition halls now occupy more than 300 thousand square meters, which is 10 times higher than its original size. Water exposition occupies about 100 thousand square meters, and to walk along the quay it will take you to overcome the distance of 9 kilometers.

To have a yacht has always been very fashionable and prestigious. The demand for the yachts is increasing every year, which requires the constant expansion of the shipbuilding companies’ model series. Therefore, the main purpose of the event is the development and promotion of the maritime sector, the development of marine tourism and improving the quality of the marine culture.

The organizer of the boat show in Genoa is the Italian marine industry association UCINA. For 48 years the exhibition in Genoa has won great popularity and leadership among all the exhibitions of the yachting world. Thousands of professionals and amateurs of the sea, boats, motor boats, yachts, sailing boats come to the show in Genoa to evaluate new models of yachts form renowned Italian and foreign shipyards. In October 2009 its masterpieces will put by about 1500 participants, 40% of them will be foreign shipbuilding companies, the remaining 60% - the Italian shipyards. At the exhibition can be seen 2 400 boats, half of them - a boat with the length up to 10 meters, about 40% - the boats from 10 to 24 meters, 160 sailing yachts, over 500 rubber boats. Also at the exhibition will be featured various yacht accessories, security systems, engines, equipment for surfing and other marine industry products.

During the boat-show will be held presentations, seminars, conferences, concerts and various sporting events. Last year the exhibition was visited by more than three hundred thousand people. And the number of visitors increases every year.

The opening will be held on October 3 at 9.30. The exhibition will be opened daily from 10.00 to 18.30. The cost of the full entrance ticket will cost 15 euro, discount 12 Euro. For the children under 6 years the entrance will be free. If you are traveling with a dog, you will not need to think where to left it while visiting the boat show, as there will be allowed to enter with dogs but with a leash and a muzzle.
Exhibition Address: Italy, 16129 Genova, Piazzale J.F.Kennedy 1, Fiera di Genova

Photo: Olga

Date: 10/08/2009

Comments (0)

No comments


Genoa goes to Venice to win the regatta of ancient maritime republics
Genoa, Venice, Pisa and Amalfi are going to compete for the first place in the regatta of ancient maritime republics, which this year will be held on June 12 in Venice. The regatta is preceded by a spectacular large-scale Italian costumed show.
In Genoa will be opened a submarine museum
At the beginning of 2010 in Genoa will be opened a new sea museum. The exhibits will be placed inside the S-518 Nazario Sauro submarine. This will be the first water museum in Italy.
San Miniato will host the White Truffle Festival
Truffle Festival’s visitors will be able to taste the truffles with Italian wine, grappa, cheese and snails.